Open to speech pathologists wanting to up-skill in FEES, this practical foundation course will teach the core competencies required for conducting a FEES protocol, interpretation of findings, written reporting and utilising it as a biofeedback tool. Essential endoscopy equipment requirements and basic nasendoscopy skills will be covered however the aim of the workshop is to have attendees able to conduct a FEES and interpret the findings, rather than mastering the technical competency of nasendoscope insertion.
Can be taken separately as a one-day course or coupled with the FEAT endoscopy course, making it a comprehensive 2-day Workshop.
FEES Course Outline
· Clinical indicators and contraindications for use.
· Normal and abnormal endoscopic anatomy and physiology.
· Equipment set up and procedural components.
· Use of anaesthesia and vasoconstrictors.
· Food and contrast preparation.
· Key components of a FEES Protocol.
· Pre-swallowing tasks and observations.
· Evaluating oropharyngeal secretion management.
· Determining appropriate oral intake trials for evaluation.
· Interpretation of abnormal and normal physiology.
· Using therapeutic manoeuvres and biofeedback.
· Interpreting and documenting findings.
Any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org