In this Australian first, MSAC Academy has co-ordinated a 2-part program for flexible endoscopy training.
Open to speech pathologists, junior doctors or any clinician wanting to up-skill in this practical and educational course designed to improve the endoscopic assessment of patients with upper aerodigestive tract disorders.
Part 1 is an online webinar which will detail endoscopy equipment, indications, anatomy and pathology to provide attendees with a solid grounding with which to carry out FEAT part 2, a hands-on endoscopy training workshop.
FEAT 1 Course Outline
· Uses for nasendoscopy and models of care.
· Patient selection and contraindications for use.
· Normal anatomy and pathology from nose to larynx.
· Pathology observed endoscopically from nose to larynx.
· Equipment set up required for endoscopy.
· Benefits and side effects of local anaesthetic nasal spray.
· Basic and Advanced endoscopy Techniques.
· Assessment protocols and reporting.
· Managing adverse events and risk management.
· Infection control and sterilisation.
· Billing interpretation and competency requirements.